- Pick up a reading log at the Children's Desk or the Information Desk. There are different logs for Adults, Kids, and Teens (click to download the log of your choice).
- Get started reading! We have reading suggestions for Adults, Kids, and Teens, or click on the map to the right to go directly to the state you're interested in.
- Write down the title of your book and check off each state as you read a book that either takes place in that state, is about that state, or is by an author who is from that state. Read fiction or non-fiction.
- Come back to the Information Desk each time you check off a state on your reading log. We'll give you a colored dot that you can put on the huge map of the United States here at the library.
- When you've read a book from all 50 states, come to the Information Desk for a special prize!
P.S. There's no deadline, so take as long as you want!