It's easy to get a library card!
- You can apply using our online form and get a temporary library card number. You are not able to access our online and downloadable services with a temporary card number, although this does allow you to enter your details for yourself.
- You can give us a call, tell us your information over the phone, and we will mail you a card that you and your family can use to access all of our online resources.
For more information on the three different types of cards, see below or (click here to see types).
Who can get a Metro or Metro Lite card?
- Anyone from Marion, Cedar Rapids, or Hiawatha
- Anyone from communities who contract with the Metro Libraries (Robins, Alburnett, rural Linn County)
- Other Linn County communities with public libraries
- Other Iowa communities with public libraries that participate in Open Access